Since establishment, QuadDynamics has rapidly gained valuable experience through the execution of several projects of varying size and complexity. Brief descriptions of some of our past projects highlighting the range of our service offerings are listed below.
QuadDynamics has significant experience with integration of control systems.
QuadDynamics Ltd was involved in the installation, configuration and commissioning of an integrated control system (ICS) for Esso's Chad/Cameroon Oil Development project. The Honeywell based ICS comprises all components such as a Honeywell Plantscape DCS, PLCs from multiple vendors (Allen Bradley, Schneider etc) and other third party equipment associated with the monitoring and control of the production and field facilities. The ICS integrates a central treating facility, a 120MW power plant and all electrical metering and protection relays, remote oil gathering stations, remote well telemetry system, 3 pump stations, a pressure reduction station and associated block valve RTUs on the 1,070km pipeline. The Floating Storage Offshore marine export terminal is also tightly integrated into the ICS. The ICS includes several package systems such as vapour recovery units, produced gas compressors, inert gas generators, auxillary power generators, polymer injection, burner management and asset protection.
QuadDynamics has been involved in installation, configuration and interfacing at safety systems protecting life, environment and equipment at hazardous locations.
QuadDynamics Ltd was involved in the installation & configuration, commissioning, and start-up of Honeywell Fail Safe Controller (FSC), process shutdown systems at several locations for Esso Chad/Cameroon Oil Development Project . QuadDynamics also integrated the safety systems to the process control system. As part of Esso's in-house automation support in Chad and Cameroon, QuadDynamics engineers have participated in HAZOPs, risk assessments and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) anaylyses prior to implementation of on-site modifications.
QuadDynamics engineers were involved in the design, installation & programming of Allen Bradley PLCs for automatic control of pipeline block valves and pumps on a 250,000 barrel a day pipeline.
The pipeline extends through 3 pump stations, 1 pressure reduction station and terminating at a floating, storage & offloading vessel approximately 1,070km away. The work scope included:
- IEC 61131-3 ladder logic and function block programming of Allen Bradley Logix 5550 PLCs for pipeline over-pressure protection and flow control
- Configuration and integration of 16Nos Fisher ROC364 RTUs located at 36" block valve sites along the pipeline
- Configuration of SCADA interface to a crude oil topping plant via Allen Bradley SLC500
- DCS interface to turbo-pumps
- Tank farm automation
- Cross border and ship loading custody transfer measurement at a pump station and the FSO marine export terminal
QuadDynamics has experience working in demanding offshore environments.
- QuadDynamics engineers provide on-site automation services to Cameroon Oil Transport Company, an ExxonMobil affiliate at their Floating Storage Offshore terminal in Cameroon. QuadDynamics has been involved in the commissioning of the FSO, operations maintenance and upgrade of the FSO control system network and software
- QuadDynamics engineers are providing support to Marathon Oil Company Equatorial Guinea, onshore and offshore, as part of the on-site Honeywell automation support team. The team was involved in a challenging upgrade of the onshore and offshore control system. The team also successfully interfaced a Honeywell Experion DCS to an Emerson DeltaV control system at the new LNG plant.
QuadDynamics has experience designing and implementing remote telemetry systems.
- QuadDynamics implemented a field automation system for monitoring & control of over 300 wells scattered over an area of about 800 sq. km for a client. The DCS uses an Autosol OPC gateway for sequentially polling of Schlumberger, Weatherford and Wood Group RTUs from at well sites via radios. The data is available to the operator directly on the DCS console.
- In addition to the above, automated well tests are carried out remotely at the gathering manifold sites. To accomplish this, QuadDynamics engineers were involved in the development of a custom C++ application for testing of production wells and which interfaces to the DCS system through API nodes.
- QuadDynamics engineers also designed and configured communications interfaces to integrate remote Allen-Bradley SLC500 PLCs for monitoring and control of water injection wells and for collecting data used in reservoir pressure studies.
For special requirements of our clients, QuadDynamics has expertise in the development of custom C++ applications which interface with the control system. Our past projects include:
- Development of an automated well testing application using IEC-61131-3 languages and a the high level C++ programming language. Allen Bradley Logix5550 PLCs installed at the manifold gathering stations interfaced to the C++ application.
- Development and implementation of a Large Electrical Motor Load Interlock application using a combination of server-side Visual Basic scripts, Honeywell C200 controller function blocks and Allen Bradley Logix5550 ladder logic.
- Development and implementation of a Power Emergency Load Shed application using a combination of C++ programming language, Honeywell C200 controller function blocks and Schneider Momentum PLCs with Ethernet IO.
- Development of a Load Management System application using a combination of C++ programming language, an OPC Server. Modbus and a Honeywell Plantscape DCS.
QuadDynamics has experience in performing system audits and providing technical documentation and verification services.
- QuadDynamics engineers played a key role in the system turnover and pre-upgrade audit of the control system at Marathon Oil Company Equatorial Guinea's onshore and offshore facilities. Working with Honeywell South Africa (Pty) Limited, QuadDynamics collected and analyzed the audit data using both traditional and software-based methods. A detailed report of the findings and recommendations based on industry and company best practices accepted by the client.
- QuadDynamics has completed a project for verification of as-built cause and effects and P&ID drawings for Esso Exploration and Production Company in Chad.
- As part of the Esso Exploration & Production Company automation support team, QuadDynamics engineers have also been involved in verification of the as-built DCS tag database and updating of the project instrument database.
- QuadDynamics is currently involved alarm management and rationalization programs at her clients' locations.
At QuadDynamics Ltd, we understand that an organization is only as good as it's people.
That is why we have a strong Training & Support team with many years of experience in technical knowledge and skill transfer who work in close collaboration with our technology partners to offer the latest in automation & control to our clients. We can deliver the following training services across all of our supported brands.
* On-site training of personnel
* Off-site training courses
* Development of training, operator & technical manuals
We can also execute maintenance contracts on existing control systems (Software and Hardware) that are designed to your specific requirements and are not limited to products installed by ourselves. Make your own combination! You can outsource your maintenance with us, have us train your control systems engineers and technicians to become completely independent or anything in between.